Sleeping issues.....

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MorzillA, Sep 22, 2007.

1. MorzillA macrumors 6502

MorzillA

This is in response to a "lost" post. The issue was that, as they were working on a video, the system [G4], while video was rendering would go to sleep and this would hamper all rendering done up to that point, and would have to restart all over again. I posted saying that I had a similar issue with mine, but that I don't do video just that my machine goes to sleep.
    Well how to solve this sleeping issue!? Well since I have no clue on screen capture ya'll will have to bear and use your noggin for this.
    On system preference under Hardware you will notice the CDs & DVDs, the Displays, the Energy Saver, STOP RIGHT THERE!!!! that lil light bulb is your answer!!
    Once you click on that ICON you'll notice sleep, schedule and options. Under sleep there are two bars that can be moved left to right, IF and only IF you don't want your system to sleep! move the the arrow all the way to your right. Or set it to NEVER click off both check marks.
    This will not allow your system to fall asleep but it will activate your screen saver.
    Hope this helps those who are wondering about their sleeping systems. oh and I'm relying all this on a PMG4/Tiger!!

:apple:

2. Reciprocity macrumors newbie

Reciprocity

You can also download Caffeine which does the same thing..All it does is presents a Zzz icon on your menu bar and when you want your computer to stay awake you click on it,and your machine will stay awake for aeons!!;)
    Here's the link:
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/31941

3. MorzillA thread starter macrumors 6502

MorzillA

ahhh ok! cool thanks for that tip.. I dunno if they are running Tiger or not (I assume they are)! but even so, Caffeine runs on iNTELL based macs :( bullocks!