Sleeping issues

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by surflordca, Mar 10, 2008.

1. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I have read over and over how many users have sleeping issue problems. The way I look at it is just leave your computer on. Mine runs 24 hrs. a day 365 days a year. I never put it to sleep. Yes you well save a little hydro but your problems will go away. When I am not sitting at the computer I turn off the monitor. I have done this for the last 10 years on the PC and since Feb.14 on my new MacPro without any issues. So in my opinion, leave your Macs on and turn off your monitors when not in use.

2. Soop53 macrumors regular

Soop53

Hmmm... My son is of the same opinion with each of his computers over the years except his laptop. I am from the old school about shutting things down when not in use. Something to consider.

Would be interested in hearing from others.

3. 330toSRT8 macrumors member

My desktop has been running constantly for the last three years except for the occasional power outage and moving. Never had any problems with the power supply or anything else. And I'm talking about a $500 Dell not some pro server with redundant power supplies. :) I leave it on because I'm running several services that I want access to at all times.

4. Roy macrumors 6502

Perhaps Apple should just delete the sleep function on the next update and then no one could then blame Apple for the sleep issues. Problem solved.

Apple's new advertising could go something like this:

Macintosh: Where technology never sleeps!

5. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

call me a tree huggin' hippy if you want, but i just don't like the idea of having the big ol' house workstation running and causing my meter to spin 24/7.

6. surflordca thread starter macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I like that. Listen up Apple :apple: :p