Sleeping with noise canceling headphones on

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KooBrewoP, Feb 24, 2008.

1. KooBrewoP macrumors regular

KooBrewoP

I live in a very noisy block, with a noisy roommate, so i was wondering if anyone had found a pair of noise canceling headphones that blocked out all loud noise and were comfortable enough to wear while sleeping?

2. LoganT macrumors 68020

I think your best bet is to get some in-ear headphones like Ultimate Ears or Shure or the ones I have the Bose In-Ear headphones. They're basically like ear plugs that play music.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

in all seriousness, why not just try ear plugs? it's a cheap solution, and it'll drown out any background noise. they're not terribly uncomfortable either.

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

The Etymotic ER-4p give astounding isolation when using the foam buds or even the triple-flange tips.

5. Keebler macrumors 68030

ear plugs are the way to go.

why? cheap; they are astounding at cutting out noise and most of all, if you lose one or roll over in the night, you're not going to wreck them and they're cheap.

find them at your local drugstore.

6. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I found some orange earplugs in the sporting goods section of walmart that are absolutely amazing. They'll block out the sound of a window-unit AC running on high, or a traveling companion that snores loud enough to shake windows.