Sleeping with watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by retailacc, Jul 1, 2017.

1. retailacc macrumors member

retailacc

Hello guys,

I sometimes sleep with my watch to track my sleep, and while I don’t necessarily need this, it’s something I like keeping a record of.

The problem is that I tend to move a lot, and sometimes I might even wake up sleeping on top of my arm/wrist. Can this affect my series 2 in any way? I don’t think I’ll crack it (I’m 180 pounds) but I read that even a bit of constant heat could cause the screen’s glue to come off.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Could it happen? Perhaps. But I think your Watch won't suffer any issues from subjecting heat if you fall asleep on it. I would imagine the temperatures would have to be exceedingly high to cause the adhesive to loosen and expand, but lots of Apple Watch users sleep with Their Watch on and I have not heard/read of any reports of the dislay coming off.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If the glue comes off at 98-99 degrees, Apple did it wrong. You should be fine and not to worry.

4. sean000 macrumors 65816

sean000

I have a 2-year old original AWS that I have been sleeping with for probably a year. I use the Pillow app to track sleep. I also move a lot in my sleep, and I'm a stomach sleeper so I often sleep with my wrist under my pillow. The watch is no worse for the wear. I agree with Newton's Apple: that 98-99 degrees wouldn't be enough.

Sean

5. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

I'm guessing that if Apple thought it would cause problems they'd ban sleep tracking apps from the app store?

Just curious. What app do you use? I used a Jawbone UP years ago for sleep tracking, but I've never investigated it with my Apple watch.

6. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

You're sleeping with your Apple watch? Dont let your Rolex find out.

7. retailacc thread starter macrumors member

retailacc

Thanks everyone for responding to my dumb question! I’ll keep sleeping with it :)

And for those who asked: I use SleepMatic to track my sleep!