Sleeve chioce with plug pouches for a Newbie

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chrisw37, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Chrisw37 macrumors newbie

I initially purchased an Incase neoprene sleeve from Bestbuy for my 13"MBP. Unfortunately there were 2 things that started to bother me and I took it back.

1. The bottom plate of the zippers kept rubbing against the edge of the MBP and I didn't want this to damage the aluminum case. :mad:

2. There was no place to put the Magsafe cord.

So now I am stumped. I have looked at Colcasac and read mixed reviews. I found Cool Bananas Pro Mesh case that has accessories pouch but no reviews on it. I have looked and some other sleeves similar to Incase such as Tucano Black sleeve and Zeroshock III and IV along with a Foofbag. However nothing other than the Colcasac really has an external pouch that will carry the powercord unless I am missing the boat completely.

Thanks for the help

2. ready2switch, Feb 28, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2011

ready2switch macrumors 6502

ready2switch

This is likely overkill for what you are wanting (and nearly $200 to boot), but I have found a lot of good reviews on the MacCase Flight Jacket. It has a 6.5" square pouch for accessories, an A/C adapter pocket, and few other little pockets, but is still within the "sleeve" category.

Again, probably overkill based on the options you were looking at, but it does look very nice.

Here is a review from MacWorld.

3. Chrisw37 thread starter macrumors newbie

That is really nice. WOW. But yes $$$

I mainly use my computer at home but take it to the firehouse to do work or study. I am also thinking of going back for my masters so this could possibly end up in a backpack in the future. I just like the idea of bringing the charger for extended use.