Sleeve for Mac Book Pro WITH Shoulder Strap??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zechmann, Jun 15, 2007.

1. zechmann macrumors member

I have looked through some of the discussions about MBP cases and could not find a sleeve WITH a shoulder strap, does anyone know if it exists??... i want to travel as light and portable as I can (now that I am going for the 15" instead of a 13" (MB)

thanks!

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

3. jng macrumors 65816

jng

No the neoprene ones don't. But the nylon ones do.

I have the latter. I use the strap when I'm just bringing the laptop or I have to also use a briefcase. You can also take off the strap and carry the laptop itself briefcase-like or throw it in a backpack (which I do now and then).

The nylon case has much more padding than the neoprene btw, which means it takes up lotta the space in my timbuk2 messenger but not so much in a backpack.

Marware also makes a sleeve with a strap and it's probably thinner than incase's.

4. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

^^
    I have the latter also, I've just been confused.

5. zechmann thread starter macrumors member

yea ill probably just get that... looks like a solid case

6. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I have a sleeve from booqbags.com that has a strap. It was expensive (90 bucks), but has been one of the best computer related purchases I've ever made.

They don't make the exact product anymore, but the Powersleeve series is the equivalent product.

7. matperk macrumors 6502

I have one of these and it's perfect for light travel. It's got a place for papers and such inside, as well as a stretch front pocket for my power adapter and I keep a small USB external HD in the back (zippered) pocket. The computer is also extremely well protected inside.

jng mentioned it. Just backing him up. :)

8. zechmann thread starter macrumors member

9. jng macrumors 65816

jng

I'd rather get the incase nylon than that bag for the money. If I were to buy a booqbag, I'd buy the Folee xm.

10. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

I love booq, but their shipping charges are highway robbery. I wanted a Vyper M2 so badly for my 15,4" MBP, that I paid their cheapest FedEx rate (~$21 USD) anyway... Total cost for the Vyper M2 w/ S&H = ~$75..:( Oh well, I figure I've blown money in stupider ways..

11. zechmann thread starter macrumors member

yea screw it, they are charging me 13 for shipping... im looking somewhere else... **** is way too expensive

12. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

13. zechmann thread starter macrumors member

could you post a link, i couldn't find the sleeve with a strap

14. showtime macrumors 6502