sleeve for new macbook pro 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spongebobelaine, Jun 5, 2010.

1. spongebobelaine macrumors newbie

Hi! I have just bought my new macbook pro (hurray!) and I think I need to buy some protection for it since it cost me thousands of dollar!!

I saw some laptop sleeve on ebay but that their size is for the old macbook pro, do you think it can still fit the new one(which is about .5cm bigger for each side...)

and same for keyboard skin, are they the same?

Thanks very much =)

2. chuckflip53 macrumors regular

check out RadTech sleeves - http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx
    I just bought one and it protects your Macbook from scratches while keeping a minimalist design that doesn't add bulk/weight

3. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

if you're talking about icase sleeve then yeah, it'll fit, not sure about the keyboard thing

4. parkjoony macrumors newbie

Tucano MB neoprene sleeve fits perfectly (has double skin) and it only goes for like $20-30 on amazon or somewhere else

5. Photios macrumors member

Photios

6. Lyshen macrumors 6502

SFBags has a good sleeve case that I use. I've bought two sleeve cases from them. The first one I got was 13" for a Sony SZ laptop from a few years back.

The second one I bought was just a month ago, for the 2010 MBP refresh.

www.sfbags.com

They have two types of sleeve case. The first one is the one I use
    Sleeve Case w/ optional flap

The second one is a slimmer one:
    Suede Jacket

7. Rithem macrumors 6502

Rithem

8. amarcus macrumors 6502

Can anyone here please comment on the Booq Vyper vs. Waterfield Sleevecase?

I'm really struggling between the two... Which of the two would give better protection?

Thanks again,

Adam

9. ano0oj macrumors 6502

i got a caselogic case from amazon..
    looked it up and the other cases only have 4mm of padding and this one had 6mm. and it comes with a zipper pouch for your power adapter

10. AsterixGM macrumors newbie

I'm struggling with this also. I ride a motorcycle to work (Kawasaki Mean Streak) 80 miles 1 way and would like to put my 15" Macbook Pro in my police gear backpack which I have bungee corded to my seat/backrest. I think I've narrowed it down to either the http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0390 or the http://www.booqbags.com/laptop-back...-macbook-pro-bags/Vyper-M3-macbook-pro-sleeve

Which would be the best one for my situation? I'm concerned about vibration mostly and shock protection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

12. diablo2112 macrumors 6502

Tucano. Best sleeve available. Inner piece of fabric wraps around the MBP, protects the edge from zipper damage. Fry's had them on closeout for $9.99 as well.

13. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

I wouldn't get a keyboard skin, I think a lot of heat dispates away through the keyboard and with a skin it will block the airflow.

14. aigoya macrumors member

For protection, i recommend zeroshockIII.
    For a nice pretty cover to dodge scratches, i recommend the tucano secondskin.

15. Photios macrumors member

Photios

I've owned both and each one is great. If you decide on the Waterfield sleeve, I would make sure you get the flap, so the laptop is completely protected if you put the computer in a back pack. What sold me on the booq this time around was the fact that it has the anti-balistic nylon and a "more rigid" exterior, which I figured would protect the computer a little better.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one, unless of course you don't order a flap with the waterfield.

Here's one thought... the waterfield is really a sleeve that you slide your macbook pro into... where as the booq is kind of like a suitcase that unzips, whereby you place your macbook pro onto or into the bottom portion, and then place the top back on and zip it up. You should get some good info from booq's site. Here's a great youtube video of an "unboxing" of the booq sleeve. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeLoLtpryrE The video is not in english, but it should give you a great idea of exactly what the booq bag is. I was sold after watching it, and reading other reviews.

Good luck!

Photios

16. Bosmonster macrumors member

17. CocoaTurtle macrumors member

I'd fully recommend the Contour Pocket Sleeve. I ordered one for my new 15" MacBook Pro and I'm extremely pleased with the build quality of this sleeve and the snug fit! I picked it up for £25.99 on Amazon, compared to other brands such as Incase etc, its a reasonable price!

http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/72

Good luck! :)

18. MikeyJ57 macrumors member

I have the Booq Vyper and it gives me all the protection I need. Great product!

19. dolphindolphin macrumors regular

If you don't want to bulkiness of the Booq Vyper M3 sleeve, then go for the Taipan Skin from Booq. They are both great products.