Sleeve or hard case for MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by donkeyboyie, May 4, 2011.

1. donkeyboyie macrumors newbie

Was just wondering what everyone used to protect their macbooks, I'm not sure if I should get a sleeve or a hard case for my 13" mbp.

Also if you could recommend me your personal favorites :)

thanks

2. GGJstudios, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  3. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Yes, the vyper or a case will offer good protection but they are bulky. If you need to fit your mbp in a backpack or professional briefcase I would go with a sleeve. Depends what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They're not bulky. The MBP in the Vyper will still fit easily in another case. Check the outer dimensions of the Vyper and you'll see it's only slightly bigger than the MBP itself.

5. chamisool macrumors newbie

I was in the same boat, but I ended up buying a sleeve instead. I would think hard cases are beneficial if you travel a lot. I personally really like the Be.ez La Robe sleeve. The zippers are completely covered from scratching the MBP.

I am considering buying Be.ez Le Reporter messenger bag as well, but I can't seem to find any reviews.

[​IMG]

6. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

I have a booq Vyper xs3 sleeve for my 13" MBP. I'd recommend it to anybody. Great protection and not bulky at all.

7. Smoothness macrumors regular

may look into this, i got a regular sleeve. just for scratch protection.

8. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

in december 2010, i managed to buy a booq taipan [i believe that's what it was called] and although it isn't the vyper i am def. pleased with the quality and durability. [its a sleeve btw]... i have to say booq products are no.1, very well made, and well worth the money. Booq Vyper to the MAXX!!!

9. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

I bought the be.ez LA robe sleeve as well as the Vyper XS3. I kept the be.ez sleeve because of the price point vs. the extra protection provided by the Vyper XS3, although I really liked it too. The be.ez sleeve is sturdy enough, surprisingly, but wouldn't protect as well as the Vyper XS3 in a major drop.