Sleeve/ protective case for macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ShaneR, Aug 18, 2008.

1. ShaneR macrumors member

I'm looking for different people's opinions on how they feel about sleeves and protective cases for the macbooks. Do the hardshell cases make it too bulky? Do they look cheap? etc.

2. Built macrumors 68020

Some people are purists and don't want to mess with the pristine beauty of their Macbook. Since use it for work purposes, I would rather protect my investment.

I have mine in a Speck shell, and an Aussiebag protective sleeve. Works beautifully, and gives me peace of mind.

3. Masters macrumors newbie

Masters

I like leaving in just the way it is. However, when I'm lugging it around I keep it in an Incase Neoprene Sleeve. It's perfect and your Macbook will thank you for it.

4. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

i have another question to add in this.
    Does a sleeve offer better protection the case/cover in a backpack?

5. doctor pangloss macrumors regular

6. skybolt macrumors 6502a

The Waterfield sleeves from sfbags.com protect extremely well. I use one whenever I take my macbook off the desk. I use it in a backpack, in a canvas tote, or in a messenger bag. Very well protected. They are well made, fit perfectly, can be customized to your liking. Customer service is great -- they remember me each time I buy a sleeve (for gifts, for myself, etc.). Last one I ordered online over the weekend, and it arrived in my mailbox in Tennessee on Tuesday! Fast! You will not be disappointed!

7. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

x3 - the Waterfield sleeve has been one of the best investments i've made.

8. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I love the Waterfield sleeves. I helped my mom order one for her new laptop last month when she came to visit and have me set it up for her.

I have had them for all my Macs up until my current Macbook. I have it in an Incase hardshell and it fits snug in my Timbuk2 laptop messenger bag. I would use a Waterfield sleeve if my Macbook didn't already fit so perfectly in my current bag.