Sleeve Redesigned Specifically for Late MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by clubvulgar, Dec 1, 2008.

1. clubvulgar macrumors newbie

I've browsed the forums, but found no definitive answer. A list of maybe's or 'stetch to fit."

Has any company released a Sleeve tailored to fit the Late (Unibody) MacBook Pro?

The closest I've found is Booq, which the website says it will fit both. After reading a personal review, It seems that this option is a tight fit as well (on the width), while there is too much height (an not as snug). I prefer this design, but wish that it would fit.

http://www.booqbags.com/All-Products/15mbp/Taipan-skin-M-black

Suggestions for the tailored fit, of similar style to the Booq?

Thank you.

2. Nickb macrumors regular

hi mate

i use this

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TJ892ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjIzMTQwNQ&p=4&s=topSellers

really snug fit for the new MBP's, works perfectly

3. RKpro macrumors 6502

I just use the normal INCASE sleeve from the Apple Store, it's designed for the previous generation, but it fits perfectly in width, but there is a bit of extra room in depth, but it does the job just fine. I tried it right in the store before buying.

4. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

What about Booq's M3? That is specifically designed for the unibody mbp, and should be shipping this week. I had heard such good things about the M2 for such a long time, I didn't hesitate pre-ordering as soon as the form was available.

5. Ampidire macrumors 6502

Ampidire

same here, works just fine, although I would like something specific to this model, like the booq vyper m3, just simply because it's a different style

6. steffi macrumors 6502a

Vyper M3 ships late January

7. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

I was in disbelief when you posted that - just earlier today it still said shipping first week of December. I'm starting to get pretty pissed - I've been wrapping my GBP in a pillowcase in the padded compartment in my bag for a month and a half now, waiting for this case. When I first pre-ordered, it said it was shipping at end of November, only a month's wait. Then it was switched to first week of December, only a weeks wait added. Now END of JANUARY??!!!! I'm calling them tomorrow really upset. I will have been waiting 3 months (unprotected) for this case.

It reminds me of a horror story I had trying to get somewhere important. The airline kept saying we'd be leaving in an hour, and letting the time lapse, for about 8 hours. If they had been up front about how long it would take, I would have canceled the flight and got a room, or in this case, considered another case.

8. steffi macrumors 6502a

Yeah even though I didn't like Tom Bihn's vertical sleeve I have to give them credit for shipping it on time. Booq just seems to be stringing people along and they've never answered the phone when I've called so I'm afraid I'm running out of patience with them.

9. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I use the WaterField Designs sleeve (www.sfbags.com) for all my Apple notebooks. They have a size now for the unibody MBP and it fits perfectly.

10. RonJ83 macrumors member

i got my booq sleeve today and i have to say im slightly disappointed, albeit the shell is pretty tough the neoprene or lack of it inside leaves little to be desired. maybe its because i came from using a zeroshock sleeve but i really wish i had gone with them again.

11. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

12. smukkebenne macrumors member

I think the poster meant the 15.4'' edition.... I use a 15.4'' Tucano sleeve for my Unibody MBP. Works great.

13. jwang392 macrumors newbie

jwang392

I received my 4Z Brain Cell a little bit over a week ago and have been using it. It fits very nicely. I got the vertical one as I carry it with my Brain Bag backpack. Though, I'm sure the horizontal one is just as good.

It's velcro-closure though. I think the Booq and Waterfield are zipper-closure. Actually, I think you get an option with the Waterfield. Can't remember.

Either way, I like it and it's good at protecting the MBP. I think its also thicker than the Booq and Waterfield. Not sure if that matters.

Wrote up a little review of it.

14. PacMookBro macrumors regular

Vyper M3

I received Vyper M3 just yesterday from booqbags.com and I am very well satisfied with it. Compared to Vyper M2 for the previous MBP I had, M3 got some comfy padding inside to protect the brick! Like M2, M3 fits MBP like a glove. I recommend M3 to anyone who has Unibody. :D