Sleeve + See-Thru Satin Case for MacBook Pro 15''

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thenewkasanova, Aug 10, 2009.

1. thenewkasanova macrumors member

Hi -

I just bought a 15'' MacBook Pro (the new unibody, black keyboard style, obviously) and I'm loving it. Of course, I want to keep it protected. So here's what I'm wondering - if I buy this, would it be a good idea for me to also get a sleeve to put around the computer, in the See-Thru Satin case, for extra protection when carrying it in my backpack?

If so, what's a good sleeve that would be able to fit around the computer AND the case?

Thanks.

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Hard cases will cause dust caught underneath them to scratch your computer. I can guarantee dust will get under a hard case.

Just stick with a sleeve. Two cases is overkill and asking for trouble.

3. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I disagree, I can note two incidents in which iThink my hard case saved me. But the dust problem is totally correct. This isn't condoms and doublebagging.

5. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I've had my Speck Satin SeeThru on my uMB since February. I have taken it off to check only 2 times and there has been no dust. I guarantee that's the truth.

6. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

The hard case does provide good protection. I just can't stand putting something over the sleek sexiness of my mbp. Plus, it wouldn't fit in my Tucano Second Skin Sleeve with it on.