Sleeve + Smart Cover + ?

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I want to get a minimal set up for my iPad, but I don't want to blow a bunch of cash on crap I don't need. I plan on buying a slim sleeve for carrying the ipad around and a stand of some sort. The smart cover is cool, but what about a stand for portrait mode? This might be a stupid question, the smart cover won't do that right?

Any other alternatives?

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I figured. Damn

When the smart cover is on the back of the iPad, does it hug it tight or is it magnetized to the back?

tekchic

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
The SmartCover is a magnet that sticks it to the back of the iPad. Not sure about it "hugging" it... it just kind of sits on top. It snaps on pretty solidly, but I wouldn't shake your iPad by the cover or anything. :)

I currently use a SmartCover + InCase neoprene sleeve. Gelaskin 3M sticker for scratch protection on the back (if it ever arrives).

JasonR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
Sorry, I meant when you're using the iPad will the smart cover stay connected to the rear of the iPad?

I don't want to buy the damn cover and then hate it.

DFig619

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
Wirelessly posted

I have a smart cover and incase origami sleeve, the sleeve supports angled portrait and standard viewing, do a search I made a review fully loaded with pics

Hammie

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Sorry, I meant when you're using the iPad will the smart cover stay connected to the rear of the iPad?

I don't want to buy the damn cover and then hate it.
I just got the black leather one today and it does NOT stay attached to the iPad when it is flipped to the backside of the iPad.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I just pull mine off when I don't want it on. That's the good thing about it. Easy on easy off.