Sleeve + Smart Cover + ?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JasonR, Mar 23, 2012.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I want to get a minimal set up for my iPad, but I don't want to blow a bunch of cash on crap I don't need. I plan on buying a slim sleeve for carrying the ipad around and a stand of some sort. The smart cover is cool, but what about a stand for portrait mode? This might be a stupid question, the smart cover won't do that right?

Any other alternatives?

2. number84 macrumors 6502

3. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I figured. Damn

When the smart cover is on the back of the iPad, does it hug it tight or is it magnetized to the back?

4. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

The SmartCover is a magnet that sticks it to the back of the iPad. Not sure about it "hugging" it... it just kind of sits on top. It snaps on pretty solidly, but I wouldn't shake your iPad by the cover or anything. :)

I currently use a SmartCover + InCase neoprene sleeve. Gelaskin 3M sticker for scratch protection on the back (if it ever arrives).

5. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Sorry, I meant when you're using the iPad will the smart cover stay connected to the rear of the iPad?

I don't want to buy the damn cover and then hate it.

6. DFig619 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

I have a smart cover and incase origami sleeve, the sleeve supports angled portrait and standard viewing, do a search I made a review fully loaded with pics

7. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I just got the black leather one today and it does NOT stay attached to the iPad when it is flipped to the backside of the iPad.

8. number84 macrumors 6502

I just pull mine off when I don't want it on. That's the good thing about it. Easy on easy off.