Sleeve suggestion.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zenor, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Zenor macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I am interested in buying a sleeve for my 15" unibody mbp.
    I really liked the look of the Neoprene sleeve plus by incase but I can't find any shop that ships in Europe. Have anyone purchased this in Europe?

Also, are there any 15" sleeves with shoulder straps, similar to the incase one that you would recommend?

Thanks!

2. cababah macrumors 68000

Have you looked at Tucano? I have one for my 13" and it is a pretty sweet sleeve. No straps though.

3. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

4. Zenor thread starter macrumors member

That's for the suggestions, but I really want the sleeve to have straps.

5. Zenor thread starter macrumors member

So, there aren't any sleeves with scraps like the Incase one, in Europe? None uses one?

6. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Dunno, I bought an Incase Neoprene Slingpack yesterday from the online Apple Store in Sweden, they shipped from their depot in Eindhoven Netherlands so they definitely have Incase Neoprene products in Europe. Check out the online Apple Store in whichever European country you live.

I bought a Tucano Second Skin for my MBP 17" and I wouldn't recommend it really. When I think "second skin" I think something that have a super tight fit, but this one fits more like an Acapulco shirt... a semi-elastic, slippery material with baggy fit is horrible really... increases the chances of dropping it tenfold.

7. Zenor thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I have checked that Speck, although it's for 13" only.
    I said I have the 15" MBP.

My country doesn't have an Apple Store, do you think they could ship it to my country from a different one which is included in the EU? for example United Kingdom?

8. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

I'm sure they can. I didn't see the one with straps on apple.se, though. They have Incase sleeves without straps, and Incase Nylon sleeves with straps, but not the Neoprene one. There was another brand called Brenthaven or whatever that seemed to have a skin with a handle, but no shoulder strap.

9. Sound Evolution macrumors 6502

Dear,

I am surprised that no one ever mentioned S&F bags. They are wonderful products and available with strap. Very neat and good protection for your Macbook. Used it for a year for my MBA and fit's perfect. No wear and tear over a year of intensive use. I bought the same type of sleeve again for my MBP 17"

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm

With best regards,
    Bas

10. Zenor thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately, the UK AppleStore doesn't ship to my country.

Thanks Bas, that sleeve looks cool, I will take a look.