Sleeve Suggestions? What do you use?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Peloria, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Peloria macrumors newbie

My new Macbook Pro will be here by the end of the week!

I figure I'd better get on buying a sleeve and bag for it. My plan is to get some sort of stylish, professional two-handled tote (haven't found this yet - suggestions are welcome) - then put the MBP in a sleeve, not a hard case or cover, and it will ride in the bag.

I was thinking about the Suede Jacket Sleeve from sfbags.com... but I know there are many sleeves out there and wanted to get some opinions. I'd like it to be simple, snug-fitting and of course protective. That particular one doesn't zip, but I've heard some with zippers can actually scratch the aluminum if you aren't careful.

Anyway, so what do you guys use?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, you don't mention which MBP you have, which makes a difference in availability of some sleeve models. Second, if you search the forum with MRoogle, you'll find dozens of threads on this topic, filled with suggestions and recommendations.

3. Hammy :) macrumors newbie

Hammy :)

I use the Contour REversible sleeve for my MacBook. I'm pretty sure they come in all sizes (13", 15" and 17")

It's a great case, really high quality fabric. Its nice and smooth, and I assure you it will not scratch your shiny new MBP. My band use it quite alot for gigging, rather than a massive flight case and Ive definatley dropped my macbook in it a couple times, and there has been no damage whatsoever to it.

[​IMG]

4. Peloria thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the 15". And yes, I've already searched, both here and via Google... many of the threads are old, many with mixed reviews. For instance, the top selling in the Apple store, the Incase, many have said can cause scratches from the zipper (since it slides in/out). Also looking at the Tucano Second Skin and the LArobe sleeve...

5. PeterKG macrumors 6502

I use all Booq Bag products and have a Taipan Skin.
    http://www.booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.389/.f?sc=19&category=2976

6. Peloria thread starter macrumors newbie

The Taipan Skins seem pretty nice... though I'm not totally fond of how the "rails" look. From what I can tell, they used to offer a steel/red color combo - discontinued? The cloud color is nice too... is that gray or white? If gray I might go with that one. Hmmm...

7. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I probably go overboard in protecting my MBP, but I haven't gotten a scratch or a bump yet.

I've got the notebook itself wrapped in a best skins ever skin, and I use the Incase neoprene sleeve. Its moderately moisture resistant, provides good padding, and has a nice felt/suede interior.

8. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

My wife and I have used waterfield designs exclusively. I actually have the cargo bag from 2004 still going, very well designed and manufactured (gogo USA?)

http://www.sfbags.com/

I think the price for her new white macbook sleeve with a fold over cover and 2 days shipping was right at 61

9. Virt macrumors newbie

I protect my 13" MBP with an Incase Neoprene Sleeve and a Rasfox keyboard skin. Seems to be doing the job.

10. brecskel macrumors newbie

brecskel

I use the Built NY sleeve with a Ogio - Hip Hop Laptop Messenger
    I love the messenger it fits everything i need without looking to bulky
    (my iphone, external hd, the power adapter, wallet, passport, files)
    The Built NY sleeve fits my macbook pro 17" nicely. It is a lil snug fitting into the bag but i kinda like it keeps it from bumping around.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Will recommend Applesac and Proporta. See reviews in my sig.

12. Peloria thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all, for your replies thus far...

What about the Be.ez LA robe Sleeve - anyone use that one? It seems to be well-reviewed.

13. Peloria thread starter macrumors newbie

Leaning toward the Booq Taipan Skin at this point, I think. It seems to be sleek, but still protective and durable. Wish I knew how white/gray the Cloud color seems to be, though.

14. no3tic888 macrumors member

15. Nuge macrumors newbie

I bought the incase sleeve for my MBP 13", it's freaking amazing quality, but it's also pricey.