Sleeve to hold 13" MacBook Air, and iPad 2?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by appleguy123, Aug 11, 2011.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Is there any such sleeve in existence that will tightly fit the iPad 2 and MacBook air in separate compartments?

Otherwise, are there any tight-fitting Neoprene sleeves reasonably priced for the MacBook Air alone?

2. titanflyer macrumors member

I just bought the Booq Viper for my 11 inch air and it fits the ipad 2 on the other side. Both are tightly supported by neoprene sleeves inside the semi hard shell, but the air is more secure than the iPad. Its about as good as I can find to handle both plus some essentials such as stylus etc.

There is a 13 inch air model as well. Hope that helps.

3. hfg, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Not exactly a "sleeve", but the MacCase Flight Jacket for the 13" Air will nicely hold the iPad2 in the front pocket. Chargers and cables fit in the removable pouch on the front. Somewhat expensive, although it is leather.

http://www.mac-case.com/Leather Site/MacCasePLJackets.html

There are cheap neoprene sleeves available on eBay with non-zippered entry slots sized for the Airs.

4. franmatt80 macrumors 6502a

5. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Available at the apple stores, $60, Tucano 'One' sleeve for 11 or 13 air and iPad (different versions depending on air size) - this is the 13

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

Have you considered the Tucano multitasking combo slim bag (model:bmtip13)? Fits the MBA/Pro 13 and iPad great plus accessories and is very lightweight. It is made well and provides great protection. I use it for my MBA 11 and ipad. Also have their ipad and MBA workout slim bags which offer shock protection.

7. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Wow, that is a good looking bag. I like +_+

8. technopimp macrumors 6502a

Do you have a link for this by any chance? Did some searching both at Apple and elsewhere and could not find this specific bag.

9. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Yes, I would like to know, also. In fact, not only can't I find it via the Apple store, but I can't find it anywhere on the web (even the TucanoUSA store).

10. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I've looked! It was just in the apple store. Lemme see if I can find a part number.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Here it is for $46 shipped (no idea about this site). Looks like it has been discontinued. I was actually planning on returning mine because I am going to try and find one without iPad holder!

http://www.nulime.com/shoulder-strap-sleeve-mbp13-black/p633005

Here is Macmall in black. I think the m is te color. http://www.macmall.com/p/Tucano-Games/product~dpno~8670408~pdp.ggjgjeg

Here's a link to the actual catalog item. Looks like either they had an issue restocking or something. It's only been out since may.

http://issuu.com/mac-access/docs/tucano_usa_catalogue&ved=0CBYQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHZHWB2qzYo_mmj3AJPDavye6_FdA

12. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Thanks for the links. Boy, that is one elusive case. Looks like I'll have to make a trip to the Apple store. My luck, it will not be in stock.

Are you exchanging it because you don't want the front pocket?

13. bcr914 macrumors newbie

Swap?

H00ligan - I can't find bag either ... if you are getting rid of yours per your post, I'll buy (or, exchange for the one I got at the Online Apple Store (see Tucano) that is the larger, multitasking bag.

14. CardboardGiant macrumors regular

Does anyone know any good sleeves that will fit my Macbook Air 13'' that has a Speck see-thru shell on?

I don't want something too loose... Preferably something that would fit smugly.

15. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Ahh sorry guys I returned it. I noticed they had one left.

I got rid of it for only one reason. I need slightly more padding in the front compartment. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't have now!!

16. vazelos macrumors member

17. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

Have you tried ebay? Also Bergman luggage had them. Try luggage places like ebags etc

18. raniel macrumors regular

raniel

Can't find this bag on the link, please send another one. :)

19. Bart Simpson macrumors newbie

the moshi muse macbook air sleeve that i bought has a large enough pocket to fit an ipad. Its not designed to hold one but it can if you need it to

20. Tagbert macrumors member

I would recommend the Tom Bihn Ristretto.
    http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0223

I got the 11" version and there is enough room for the Air in one compartment and my iPad in a sleeve in another with a padded separation. There is an outer pouch with room for the power supply.

There is enough room in the back compartment for my air in a slim sleeve.