Sleeves, Covers, and Mice!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bworthey, Mar 4, 2009.

1. bworthey macrumors newbie

I just bought a 13' MacBook, and I love it! I'm interested in getting a cover or sleeve for it, as I don't want it to get scratched etc. I've done some reading here and there about them, and have seen that some of the hard/snap on ones can actually end up scratching it anyway! It doesn't have to be a hard case...that's part of what I'm trying to decide on. I'm ok with "color" too.

Also, I want a mouse for my MacBook. Some tasks it's just easier! Any advice on this? I believe I understand that any mouse that plugs into the USB will work on it, so would you advise picking up any ol' mouse or buy specifically from Mac store?

Thanks!

2. desiringGod macrumors regular

I don't know if the Apple Store sells any mouse besides the Mighty Mouse, but I would avoid the Mighty Mouse because it is overpriced with little functionality (I own one). Just buy a mouse that you like (usb, bluetooth, etc) and it should work fine.

3. rust.puppet macrumors regular

Hey, I was in the same boat,

The speck seethru satin case (what I have) should be fine, just take it off and wipe it occasionally (weekly-monthly basis) and the dust wont bother it. It also has holes to let your heat dissipate from the harddrive.

As for other cases, you can fit the macbook with the satin on it in the incase neoprene sleeve, works great.

I use the wireless mighty mouse but I also like the VX revolution, VX nano and MX revolution by logitech if you dont mind spending some money.

4. AstrosFan macrumors 6502

AstrosFan

I got a Speck Hard Case - you can get them cheaper at Amazon or eBay.

http://www.speckproducts.com/products/seethru/macbook-13-new-aluminum/159

For sleeve, my local Marshall's actually had a very nice Timbuk2 sleeve for $15!

Good luck!