sleeves for macbook pro 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pcomac, Jul 5, 2011.

1. pcomac macrumors regular

i will probably be carrying it around a lot mostly between classes. what are some good MBP laptop sleeves?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper is the best protection I've ever seen in a notebook sleeve. In my opinion, it offers far better protection than any neoprene case, the zippers never come into contact with your MBP, and it looks great!
    [​IMG]

3. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

Try googling "InCase" or "Speck." These are reliable brands that have great websites that help you find exactly what you're looking for. Both of them offer a $50 Hardshell Case and both have an excellent selection of sleeves. Good luck!

4. DeChrii macrumors member

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have the Tucano Second Skin. Its nicer quality than the Incase. IMO Incase feels like polyester. Tucano is a soft neoprene that splash proof. Also a lot cheaper. There is a a zipper protector around it so that you scratch your MacbOok. I paid $26 for mine. There is a cable pouch for it too.

There is a newer one that has a port that allows you to charge your MB while it's in the sleeve.

I wouldn't just carry it by itself. Use a nice bag incase you get stuck in the rain.

Purchased here.
    http://www.adorama.com/SearchSite/Default.aspx?searchinfo=tucano second

Seen here
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=tucano second skin

[​IMG]

6. Fugue macrumors 6502

I think paying over $20 for any case is insane. Yes, a MBP is an expensive investment, but anyone who is pays $50 for an Incase, for instance, is either rich or extremely gullible.

Anyways, I bought this sleeve from eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330583088646#ht_1999wt_1139

For $13.95, I think it's a decent purchase. It costs them under a dollar to make it so it's still a bit overpriced, but you won't find one cheaper. The quality of material is not as good as the higher priced cases, but who cares, it's not like it will be your pillow.

Just my humble opinion.

7. Nails1 macrumors newbie

I agree with this suggestion. I have one and it offers great protection.

8. DropKick macrumors member

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks

9. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I agree, I'm a college student and very poor. As such, I went with the cheapest option available. I found this in Best Buy for $15. Best sleeve I've ever had. It has a pocket to hold your charger, two flash storage pockets, and a flash drive pocket. Definitely not a bad investment, as long as you can get the logo you want.

http://www.tribecagear.com/spirit-sleeve.php

10. bigscarf macrumors newbie

i bought the incase neoprene sleeve when i bought the mbp (about a month ago), its way to big, i think it was probably designed for older thicker models. it seems nice, but it has a baggy fit and allows the mbp to wedge itself in between the padding around the edges.

11. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

I have an incase neoprene sleeve for mine, I think it does the job pretty well. I bought it when I got my MacBook, I think I paid $40 but I'm sure you can get them cheaper.

One thing to think about is what side it opens on; the incase opens on the longer side which is what I want because I use a messenger bag. If you use a backpack you would probably want it the other way.

12. csimmers04 macrumors newbie

Sleeve

I just received my sleeve for my 13 inch MBP and in my opinion it offers great protection. It is the be.ez LA robe protection sleeve. It comes in many different colors and has a tough memory foam to protect the computer. I have a speck seethru hardshell case on my MBP and it fits great inside the sleeve. Great protection.