Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcruzader

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
So does anyone know of any good notebook sleeves for the new Alum. Macbooks. How do the old incase sleeve fit. Are they loose or too big, not snug enough?

aplboy

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2008
Houston, TX
I stuffed an aluminum MBP demo inside an Incase sleeve and wasn't impressed. There's about half an inch or more of extra space top zipper to bottom, and I would say at least half an inch of extra space front panel to back. Not anywhere near what I would call "snug."

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
As I was only looking for a sleeve to keep my new MacBook scratchless, I didn't need it to be perfectly snug. Also, I didn't want it to be 'horizontal'. I plan on taking my MacBook with me in my bag 'vertically', so I wanted a sleeve into which I could just slide the laptop 'from the top'. Also, I was definitely looking for something good looking. It will have to accompany my MacBook, after all.

Those parameters considered, I bought a sleeve from these guys. I got the Origami Kuro one.

Tastes differ, so it's perfectly fine if you guys think it's awful. Some people even think foofbags are girly looking, but that's probably just positive, as (most) girls actually have style.

EDIT: These guys make nice sleeves, too. Theirs even have a pocket for a mouse or power adapter.

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
I tested a new MacBook on an existing incase sleeve for the "old" MacBooks and it fit quite well. After all they are about the same size

ref26

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
As I was only looking for a sleeve to keep my new MacBook scratchless, I didn't need it to be perfectly snug. Also, I didn't want it to be 'horizontal'. I plan on taking my MacBook with me in my bag 'vertically', so I wanted a sleeve into which I could just slide the laptop 'from the top'. Also, I was definitely looking for something good looking. It will have to accompany my MacBook, after all.

Those parameters considered, I bought a sleeve from these guys. I got the Origami Kuro one.

Tastes differ, so it's perfectly fine if you guys think it's awful. Some people even think foofbags are girly looking, but that's probably just positive, as (most) girls actually have style.

EDIT: These guys make nice sleeves, too. Theirs even have a pocket for a mouse or power adapter.

I was looking at the foof bags awhile back, but exchange rates were a lot higher so they were about twice the price they are now in USD. Now I would consider purchasing one, do you have yours yet and if so do you like it?

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
I was looking at the foof bags awhile back, but exchange rates were a lot higher so they were about twice the price they are now in USD. Now I would consider purchasing one, do you have yours yet and if so do you like it?
Neither my foofbag, nor my MacBook has arrived yet. So I can't tell you. I'll repost (with pics) when I have both, though.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
I have a foofbag that I use for my iphone. Not only does it look cool, it smells cool too. Srsly.

Vivid.Inferno

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I'll be ordering me first mac computer ever (MBP, haven't decided on the 2.53 or the 2.8 yet), and I'm going to need a case too. So this is really useful, thanks guys and gals!

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
Heh, you're weird. I like that. Does it make your iPhone smell nice and cool as well?

Thanks! I've decided to embrace the weirdness because there's not much I can do about it.

The phone has a nice ode de fresh laundry right out of the bag but it doesn't keep. Stupid, stupid metal.

techound1

macrumors 68000
Mar 3, 2006
Yeah, tell me about it. And yet here we are, still somewhat drunk from celebrating the MacBooks transition to an all-metal enclosure...

Oh, I'm still fully drunk. With the ebay cashback and coupon and selling my current MBP, I can go new MBP for a net of $350. Like, OMG.

openflap

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
Heres my carry rig:

incase sleave in a incase messenger bag. I do have a waterfield sleeve too but it doesnt have the flap so its going back.

I also have a Northface Recon bag...the incase messenger bag is now new so thats what I use...

so far so good...

i really wish they would made a custom incase sleave...i sold my oldmacbook with the sleeve...and then realized a new ones were not coming out...so i had to fork over the extra 35 bucks...

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
I have both of these and use them with my Unibody MBP

The Istuff Isaver shell is amazing...massive protection and easy to slip into a bag. it has been designed with other 15.4 inch notebooks in mind so there is some room in there, but the way you strap it in stops any moving about. The cushioning on bottom and sides is massive...a must buy for anyone terrified of damaging their lovely new mac. Also comes in Macbook Size.
http://www.applestore.com/uk/product/TL486ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjIzMTM3NQ&p=3&s=topSellers

The incase neoprene is also pretty good. Alot less protection obviously, but less bulk and my new MPB fits very well.
http://www.applestore.com/uk/product/TR633ZM/A?fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MjE0ODAzNg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.