iPad Sleeves for the iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Beta Particle, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Beta Particle macrumors 6502a

Are there any sleeves available which have been designed for the iPad Air? Preferably with a second pocket on the front.

I've been hunting around all morning, and all I can find are sleeves which are made for "iPads" - which means that the Air will fit, but be loose inside the case and I don't want that.

I have a Belkin case for our old iPad here and it is perfect - it was inexpensive and has a discrete secondary compartment.

[​IMG]

It's a good fit for the older iPad models, and the compartment on the front is enough to either hold a Kindle, or the iPad charger.
    Being able to carry both the iPad and a Kindle at the same time is very convenient.

I'm just looking for something the same as that, but narrower to properly fit the Air. The more discrete the design, the better - though that doesn't mean it has to be black.
    Anything designed for the Air just seems to be a case that the iPad snaps into, or an open sleeve without a zipper. (what's the point in that?!)

2. jpadhiyar macrumors regular

There are some really good iPad Air sleeves with a second pocket. Some of the good options are rooCASE, CaseCrown and Mivizu Shell.

These cases are designed to fit iPad Air. Mivizu Shell is one of my favorite sleeves. The design is actually a bulky but it comes with front accessory pocket to carry an iPhone or another mini tablet.

[​IMG]

3. joshkhaos1 macrumors 6502

I just bought a sleeve for my iPad Air off of Amazon. It doesn't have a pocket but its made for iPad Air and its leather.

4. Beta Particle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the link, but all of those cases are designed for a "universal fit" which means there will be about an inch of slack inside the case, which I don't want.
    I'm looking for something specifically for the iPad Air.

The good news is that I found something!
    The Tavik Contra:
    [​IMG]

The bad news is that I can't find it for sale here. (outside the US)

5. jpadhiyar macrumors regular

It seems good option. You may find it on Amazon.

6. alanrocks, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014

alanrocks macrumors regular

alanrocks

This sleeve may work well for you. It's called the ProStyle sleeve by Brenthaven.

7. juliehrobak macrumors member

I use an amCase sleeve. Just figure out which size works for you best, in terms of needing extra space, and stuff like that. The link is to an 10 inch one that I use.

8. HawkBYU macrumors member

HawkBYU

I have one of these from MintCases. It doesn't have a pocket, but it is still really nice. I've been using one for a while now.

9. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I can't justify the price, but this is the best sleeve design I have ever seen. And I was not a fan of the zippered Incase sleeve (or any zippered sleeve for that matter).

http://goincase.com/shop/icon-sleeve-ipad-air

It looks like a zipperless design, with zero rough contact patches. Seamless all around, except for the entry point which looks to have a magnetic flap closure akin to the smart case design. Full wrap-around bumper should provide excellent protection. Slim/sleek design looks beautiful.

10. Beta Particle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I had been looking for a case which would hold both my iPad Air and Kindle Paperwhite since I do a lot of reading, but after trying out our old Belkin Pleated Sleeve for a couple of days - which was actually a tighter fit with the Air than I expected - it turns out that the Kindle uses a magnetic wake/sleep feature like the iPad, and putting both a Kindle and the iPad into the same case was constantly switching the Kindle on.

So I will have to buy separate cases and will just get a "standard" sleeve for the iPad after all, without the front pocket requirement.

The "Mint" sleeve doesn't seem very useful as it only protects three sides of the device.
    Maybe that would be fine in a briefcase, but not when carrying the iPad on its own, or putting it in a backpack.

I will consider the Incase sleeve, but that does seem expensive. I would have to wait and see if the next iPad is the same size as the current Air before purchasing something like that.

11. chupachup macrumors 6502

I bought this ahead of my iPad Air 2 purchase.

[​IMG]

12. vancleef macrumors member

13. pooleman Suspended

pooleman