Slept thru alarm

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by edhchoe, Oct 10, 2018.

1. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

i must have palmed it.
    When you palm it, and if you have snooze option turned on it would be nice to have snooze activated. Then the alarm would go off again in 10 min. But it doesn’t go to snooze when you palm it.
    Sucks.
    I overslept by 1 hour. Lol

2. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

Ouch! lol

Well, been there, done that... :p I never sleep with the watch on because it's too easy to turn off an alarm and go right back to sleep again. I take off the watch, then have an iphone alarm go off in the next room and wake me, so I have to get out of bed to turn it off.

Man, what a grouch! lol maybe you should have slept an hour longer today eh?! ;)

3. edhchoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

I started setting an alarm on the phone for 1 min after the watch alarm. So I will have to turn that off when I wake up.

4. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

Careful though... If you wear the watch, iphone alarms will be mirrored to it and you will be able to "palm it away", and you might not even remember doing it when you wake up later - perhaps a long time later! ;)

5. edhchoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

Thanks!
    I just turned off push alert.
    is this a new feature on ios 12 + watchos 5? For some reason, I never noticed it was there.

6. Lennyvalentin macrumors 65816

Lennyvalentin

No... iPhone alarms have always mirrored to the watch, since day one. Sadly not the other way around though, unless it's changed with wOS 5; I haven't had reason to check yet.

That said, Apple could do a little more work with its cross-device interoperability in general, methinks. After all, they've got the money. :p