Slickwraps Contour

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Magsdizz, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Magsdizz macrumors newbie

Just received this in my email today:

http://getcontour.io/

Pretty neat if it works as advertised - a 3d printer that applies a wrap to the back of a device. Looks like their intent is to make any of their skins available via cartridges you would buy after buying the device. Reading through the site, it seems like a cartridge may have more than 1 wrap application included in it, although I don't see pricing information for the cartridges anywhere yet.

As you'd expect, pretty expensive - $299 US. I imagine this price would make it something only for wrap/case stores, but the more I think about it, the more I think it may have merit even for personal use if you have the initial investment, considering how many wraps/cases you may go through every few years or so at $20 a pop.

2. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Was going to purchase it but it was never actually for sale. I contacted one of their reps and was told its sold out.. hmm without it even being available.. interesting to say the very least. So I will just go a different direction and pick up someone else vinyl printer, there's plenty out there.

3. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

This would make sense for some mall kiosk or cell phone store to buy. For an individual consumer? Nah.

If they are using a spray-on, then it looks like they must be using 3M's spray on clear bra type material. Which is far inferior to traditional clear bras.

I also love how the phone bobbles around as the skin is being applied.

4. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

after thinking about it, now I'm wondering if it's an April fools joke.

5. alpi123 macrumors regular

alpi123

People say it's an early April fools joke. But I hope not.

6. Magsdizz thread starter macrumors newbie

It would be a pretty weird April Fool's joke though. Like, I'm wondering where the 'haha' is.

7. reyalP macrumors 6502

reyalP

8. slickwrapsinc macrumors 6502

slickwrapsinc

Soon :)

9. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

Prepping for April Fools 2018 already?