Slide (from bottom) to unlock?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Tarzanman, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Looks like Apple is taking a page out of Samsung's book. Touchwiz has had slide to unlock since day 1

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I want the device on the screen they are showing the demo of IOS using

3. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

The zune hd, wp7/8 and windows 8 pretty much have the exact lockscreen apple is using.

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Isn't slide from bottom just the control center from the lock screen?

5. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

That's what I thought too. But at the same time the unlock gesture seemed to be upwards in the demo.

Edit:
    But op, what are you talking about? iOS has always had the slide to unlock and they were definitely the first (not that that were important :p)

6. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Of course it did. See post above and this. :p

7. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I don't think the OP was clear, but I think he means slide from the bottom to unlock. The beginning of the iOS 7 video shows a "slide up"-ward to unlock description.

I don't know or care, though.

8. Tarzanman thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess I should have been more clear. I specifically meant slide from the bottom to unlock.

9. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

The up arrow tab on the lock screen is for control center, you still slide to the right to unlock the phone.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

It's not a slide from the bottom to unlock. It's still a slide to the right, but the "whole page" slides, if that makes sense. I have attached a video at the bottom, for those who care to see. I agree that the little arrow is confusing, especially for people who aren't used to previous versions of iOS sliding to the right already. The arrow seems to be for there to indicate quick toggle controls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inLq_mcBUW8

11. dojoman macrumors 65816

Is is possible that Apple wants to make it slide from bottom so that if 5S has fingerprint scanner on home button you just slide from home button to screen to unlock?