Slide to Answer and Slide to Unlock Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Superman07, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Superman07 macrumors 6502a

I'm having an issue where the phone will not let me slide to answer or unlock. I'll hit the home button and the screen will come up with the slider, but if I swipe it won't move. I'll try repeatedly and nothing. I usually have to hit the lock button and then the home button and try again. It usually works like normal on the second attempt.

I was having a problem under 2.1 and sent in feedback. I was hoping 2.2 would fix it, but I'm still having the same problem.

Has anybody have a similar problem? Solutions? I've tried a reboot as well and that did not seem to work.

2. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Have you done a new restore lately? That normally fixes most issues.

3. Superman07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have not. Is there any way to check the restore information/data before I restore? What is saved/replaced and what will not be there? I have never done one (unless it happens when you update firmware).

4. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

You wont lose any information. Just sync then hit the restore button on itunes.

5. Superman07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Then yes, you will lose all the information. Sorry I can't help you then. I was assuming it was the same computer.

7. Superman07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not, but I did manage to copy over the files form the old computer. Can I simply redirect iTunes to the "other" library and it will think it's the same?