Slide To Talk

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewMacGirl, Aug 4, 2008.

1. NewMacGirl macrumors regular

I love my iphone but compared to my basic Nokia its very clumsy to make a phone call

I call my boy freind 90% of the time so what I would like to see is user configurable slide bars on the sleep screen (or whatever its called) which you could set to eg Ring Paul and use speaker phone. you could have two or three Slide to ring-another could be slide to ring Anne but don't use speaker

Or use two presses of the sleep button to make a call to your chosen caller?

When you'r e in a car at the lights you need to do this quickly -my nokia lets me press the green button twice and then speaker and I'm away.

With iphone its slide to unlock then press twice for favourites then press Paul then press speaker.

Surely apple could do this quite easily?

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Why not just put him at the top of your favorites?

I guess I don't see the big deal. I'm used to having phones that have to be awakened, and then I do the speed dial or whatever. The iPhone doesn't require more steps for me.

For example, on my Treo, here are the steps:
    hit a key
    confirm unlock
    press speed dial button OR hit talk twice to call last number

On the iPhone:
    Hit Home
    slide to unlock
    Hit home twice
    choose a favorite to call.

Not much difference for me, but I guess you could tell it to never sleep.

3. phannon666 macrumors regular

Not exactly what you were hoping for, but there are a couple of apps out there that allow you to set a single number to, just launch the app and it dials the number you set. Can't remember exactly what the'yre called, but at least one of them was free.

4. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

one option i'd like to see is the ability to make an icon/homescreen short cut for a specific contact.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

As phannon said, there are already apps out there that when clicked ring 1 contact.
    Have it on your front page, and it'll be as fast as speed dial. (2 keys to unlock a Nokia, then holding down the speed dial key for that person vs. slide unlock and click app).

6. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

Right now the closest thing is the Speedial app in the app store.