Slide to Unlock Animation Question...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xcel360, Aug 23, 2010.

1. xcel360 macrumors regular

I am using this lock slider:

[​IMG]

And I was wondering :confused: what file in the com.apple.TelephonyUI do i need to change to get the original/stock silver animation to scroll across the text.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

2. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

3. xcel360 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply but thats just how to change the actual "Slide To unlock" text. I was looking for the silver animation that scrolls L to R to see if there is a way to enable it no matter what slide them I was using.

Guess its not possible :confused:

4. celticpride678

It should still work even after you modified the button. It's probably because you modified the background of the slider also

5. xcel360 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Im going to re enable the default one and change the files one by one to see which file causes the animation to dissapear and go from there.

6. xcel360 thread starter macrumors regular

Still cant figure it out :confused: I cant pinpoint which file allows the text string to show and which one has the scrolling animation. Maybe someone new can chime in and help me out. Thanks.

7. scottuf macrumors 6502

scrolling color: bottombarlocktextmask.png (there is also topbarlocktextmask.png - and @2x for Retina)

text: SpringBoard.strings

not sure where they are in iOS4, but in a Winterboard theme png goes in \Bundles\com.apple.TelephonyUI and strings goes in \Bundles\com.apple.springboard\en.lproj

hope this helps.

8. kre62 macrumors 68000

My slide to unlock text stopped animating when I replaced files in the apple directory itself. I restored that back to stock and uploaded the images to a theme. Now the animation is back, with my new slider. Don't know if that helps.