Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darthdarragh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
hello ive got a problem with my slide to unlock bar
instead of saying.

"slide to unlock..." it says"AWAY_LOCK..."

it is also similar with other things like

the power down bar says."POWER_DOW..."
answer call is...."CALLING_ASN..."

etc..
does any one know whats going on and btw its a jailbroken 1.1.1
by iphonesimfree.

thanks alot for your help!

redhotchilis64

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2008
Is there anything different wrong with it other than different words? If not, you can change the text within those sliders through the Customize app.

bigaug

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
I had a similar problem with mine, but it just seemed to fix itself one day. I know thats not any help to you though :(

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
I have an issue similar to yours but its not even worth me thinking about as its about as far from being in my face as possible!

The "reset homepage" button in the reset settings menu says "RESET_ICONS" instead but as its extremely out of the way it doesn't bother me.

If I was you the easiest way to fix this is to restore your iPhone back to 1.1.1 and use your backup and re-sync it as that should solve it for you. Your iPhoneSIMfree unlock will remain all the way to 1.1.2 without needing any other changes.

Alternatively you could upgrade to 1.1.4 - however you will need signal.app to get your unlock working on 1.1.4 (and 1.1.3) - its a little app that tells your phone to work basically. you DO NOT NEED to unlock again! all the phone needs is a little poke!

There is an easy step by step tutorial (with photos and downloads for what you need) here:

http://www.hackthatphone.com/114/iphone_114_true_39bl_mac.html

Although it is written for mac you can easily do it on Windows.

You can use iLiberty/iPlus/ZiPhone to Jailbreak/activate ONLY.

Then install SSH and put signal.app on your phone and it will work perfectly. Just follow the instructions!

darthdarragh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
I have an issue similar to yours but its not even worth me thinking about as its about as far from being in my face as possible!

The "reset homepage" button in the reset settings menu says "RESET_ICONS" instead but as its extremely out of the way it doesn't bother me.

If I was you the easiest way to fix this is to restore your iPhone back to 1.1.1 and use your backup and re-sync it as that should solve it for you. Your iPhoneSIMfree unlock will remain all the way to 1.1.2 without needing any other changes.

Alternatively you could upgrade to 1.1.4 - however you will need signal.app to get your unlock working on 1.1.4 (and 1.1.3) - its a little app that tells your phone to work basically. you DO NOT NEED to unlock again! all the phone needs is a little poke!

There is an easy step by step tutorial (with photos and downloads for what you need) here:

http://www.hackthatphone.com/114/iphone_114_true_39bl_mac.html

Although it is written for mac you can easily do it on Windows.

You can use iLiberty/iPlus/ZiPhone to Jailbreak/activate ONLY.

Then install SSH and put signal.app on your phone and it will work perfectly. Just follow the instructions!

thanks alot everyone...really appreciate the help:D

SumikoMitashi

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
hi

hi spinstorm, i read something you put about reset_icons... do you know what's with it?

A friend of mine use it in my iphone and now it doesn't start, its always on the little apple, do anybody know what can i do??:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.