Slide to unlock button ever freeze?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Oct 18, 2010.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

i only had it happen like 3 or 4 times since had my phone,but i wonder why it does it. anyone else has this happen rarely but at least once or twice.

btw got an iphone 4 and got it release date.

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Its happened before to me (if we're talking about the same thing). A lot of the time all it takes is to toggle the sleep/wake button to fix.

3. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Mine has never frozen but it's done this thing where it won't slide all the way to the right multiple times. It'll go part way and then slide back to the default position and it takes a handful of tries before it responds correctly or I have to hit the sleep/wake button.

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

happened to me once or twice to. i honestly think 4.1 is buggy

5. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I unlock my phone probably hundreds of times a day, but it seems like this happens every day to me.

6. chanerz macrumors 6502a

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It has to do with your finger.

What causes it, I don't know, but in the dozen times this has happened to me 100% of the time I can get it to slide perfectly by using the tip of my nose.

So the phone apparently works fine, but something about my finger wasn't working right. Too much oil or sweat? I have no idea.

It's only happened a dozen times in the last 2.5 years I've had iPhones. It's not very common for me.