Slide To Unlock Not Working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RangerLG, Apr 13, 2009.

1. RangerLG macrumors newbie

My phone rang today and it gave me the "Slide Phone To Answer" choice. I was trying to slide, but the slider would not move. After I missed the call, I was on the lock screen and "Slide Phone To Unlock" was displayed. I tried to slide, but nothing. I had just used this phone a couple of hours before to answer a call. When I press the home button twice on the lock screen, my iPod controls come up and the top of the screen under the clock. They do not respond. I tried turning the phone off, the slider to turn off the phone did not work nor did the cancel button. I did a reset (held home and lock until I saw the Apple logo). Still not working after it reset. I then held home and lock until the phone completely shut off. Let it sit for a few minutes and turned it back on, nothing. I have now removed my SIM card and reset the phone. Still no luck. This is a 2G jailbroken phone unlocked to T-Mobile. Do I have a bad screen? When I get home, I am going to try syncing with iTunes and restore the firmware to see if it will respond. Is there something else I can try? Thank you all for your help.

Edit:

The firmware is 2.2.1

2. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Ranger the samething happened to me, that portion of the touch screen is worn out. you just need to have the screen (also the lcd?? ) fixed. In my area it costs about 197.00 dollars to replace. Good luck.