Slide to upgrade, does it take forever?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by 212rikanmofo, Jun 3, 2014.

1. 212rikanmofo Suspended

Not sure how long this process takes, but its been almost 2 hours. I have a 32gb iphone thats pretty much almost full. Is this why its taking so long? I'm not sure if its stuck or still processing.

2. btsvchris macrumors member

Where do you see the slide to upgrade? iTunes, the device?

3. 212rikanmofo thread starter Suspended

I see it after I update my iPhone 5, it reboots and you get a white screen with a black apple logo and then it shows slide to update, and then you enter in your passcode and it shows the progress bar and starts the update process, but i'm not sure if its stuck, the progress bar did move but its remained in the same spot for quite awhile now.

4. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

I had the same problem. I waited for about an hour and a half. I took the risk of resetting the phone (holding the sleep/wake button and home button for a few seconds), but that fixed it. It took me back to the 'slide to upgrade' screen again. After resetting the phone, it took less than a minute to upgrade.

5. Topher227 macrumors regular

I had the same experience as efp1... Froze at about 1/3 completion after waiting over an hour. Force restarted (Home+Power) and the progress bar filled in less than a minute.

I did have some issues, everything seemed to be laggy after the full boot, even after letting everything settle for an hour. I ended up doing a full iOS 8 restore and restored from iCloud... now all is well for me.

6. btsvchris macrumors member

Hm I didn´t had this issue.
    My problem is every time I boot the phone up it says Slide to configure and when I type my developer details in, it freezes. With the sleep button and waking it up it works again.
    Not really a bug apple should concern about (my bug :D ).

7. rdy0329 macrumors 6502

Theory?

I think what Apple has done is offload the upgrade process to the iOS device instead of iTunes doing most of the work. Now that iTunes does is just decompile the ipsw and then send all data to iPhone for installation. I think this a a more secure way of handling updates and thus might be a new hurdle for jailbreakers.