Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
It has its issues, but not too bad. I am certainly looking forward to an update though.

My biggest issue is once in a while when I go to unlock my phone I have both SlideAway and the original Slide to Unlock both visible, but neither now works and I have to do a hard reset.

I also had the phone go crash into safe mode, but only couple times. And I think it was Slideaway causing it, but not 100% about it.

thespazz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
It has its issues, but not too bad. I am certainly looking forward to an update though.

My biggest issue is once in a while when I go to unlock my phone I have both SlideAway and the original Slide to Unlock both visible, but neither now works and I have to do a hard reset.

I also had the phone go crash into safe mode, but only couple times. And I think it was Slideaway causing it, but not 100% about it.

I've been having the slider and slideaway at the same time too. I also cannot use my phone following a sync without it going into safe mode. I'm going to collect some crash logs and send them over.

Also, I get random safe mode crashes on occasion for no real reason.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Anyone finding this app super buggy?

IOW, it's a standard app from this author. Released when it was a beta and the bugs will never be fixed. I'm sure he's off working on his next piece of crap app.

dudeabiding

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
It worked fine on my i4 running .3. Didn't see a need for it and disabled it, but I had no problems with it, other than I think my Infinidock "upset" its ability to assign specific icons to its LS dock.

As to the dev's other apps, the only one I use all the time is Springtomize, and it works fine as well. No crashes, no SafeMode. Yes, as he's worked through the bugs, others have cropped up. But it's doing what I want/need it to do with no issues.

I've had more issues lately with LockInfo (took it off, my battery improved and no more occasional SafeModes), and with biteSMS and ToneFXs not playing well together.

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
Same here. It is great as a concept, basically a cleaner lock info... but I think I am going back to lock info. The author is going to have to add some more functionality nd allow it to be expanded to be a competitor to lockinfo, an I doubt he has any motivation with iOS5 right around the corner.

Disabled for now, as it just rebooted my phone to safe mode 3 times in 10 minutes...

Badboy2303

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
Code:
@FilippoBiga: SlideAway 1.1 has been submitted to ModMyi. Changelog: [url]http://cl.ly/7KDf[/url]

aceweil

macrumors member
May 23, 2011
Is their a way to adjust the height of the lock screen bar/icons?
I was hoping to lower the icon bar slightly on the lock screen, but can't seem to locate anywhere that this is adjustable. I would appreciate any help!
TIA!

kuhroo25

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone else having issues with Lockinfo SMS notifications not working with the latest update to SlideAway? All other notifications work, just not SMS. Very annoying.

thespazz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone else having issues with Lockinfo SMS notifications not working with the latest update to SlideAway? All other notifications work, just not SMS. Very annoying.

Sigh. Yes. I'm having this issue.

rwd hero

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Baltimore, Maryland
Sometimes the app refuses to let me change the 3-5 apps i have in my slide up bar. Anyone else have this problem? I tried un-installing it and reinstalling it again and again but to no avail.

kuhroo25

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010

That happened to me before too. The settings app would actually crash if I tried to change an app. I had to use iFile and delete the SlideAway preferences file. Then it let me set them all up again. No problems since.

rwd hero

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Baltimore, Maryland

That happened to me before too. The settings app would actually crash if I tried to change an app. I had to use iFile and delete the SlideAway preferences file. Then it let me set them all up again. No problems since.

Thanks for the tip, where is that located?

kuhroo25

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2010

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
This is frustrating- it's as though this app does not know what it wants to be... Replacement for lockinfo or something new...

I would like to see an option to have the slide follow your finger's movement exactly, instead of delayed.

iansilv

macrumors 65816
Jun 2, 2007
It also needs a proper mobile notifier integration where notifications show from the top down on the lock screen.

thespazz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
I'm getting the Slide To Unlock slider and the icons stuck inside it. Pretty bad.

Also, on respring, I lose the calendar plugin on lockinfo. As mentioned earlier, I cannot see ANY SMS notifications in the lockinfo plugin. lolwtf

I haven't had any bad crashes, though. So that's good....?

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
The novelty of this wore off for me after about 30 minutes. Uninstalled, but it's cool seeing what's possible. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.