Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MorgensterBE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
I have a question about something that's been annoying me quite some time now:
When my phone is in sleep mode and I get a call the slider appears but is very hard to use. It's gotten so bad that I've missed calls because of it.
Then when the call is gone it operates just fine without any hesitation.
What's up with that? And are there any tricks to get around this?

bfar5

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2010
NYC
I have a similar problem but it is not with my slider. Sometimes the "clear recent calls" will appear, seemingly out of nowhere btw, and the cancel bar will not respond. I've noticed that it will do quirky things like this when the battery is low. The only way to get out of this is to reboot.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Had this happened to me just once awhile ago. Found out it was just the area on my thumb that wasn't registering on the screen. Another finger worked just fine. Weird problem for you guys if it happens consistently.

MorgensterBE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Had this happened to me just once awhile ago. Found out it was just the area on my thumb that wasn't registering on the screen. Another finger worked just fine. Weird problem for you guys if it happens consistently.

Well, it does happen pretty consistently. I wonder if it has anything t do with the vibration being on at that moment. Gonna try without vibration.

MorgensterBE

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2008
Well, it does happen pretty consistently. I wonder if it has anything t do with the vibration being on at that moment. Gonna try without vibration.

Oh dear. Better record this one for posterity.
Pixpixpix, I get normal results with vibration off.
Does it help you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.