Slider Cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by daleycss, Oct 16, 2011.

1. daleycss macrumors regular

I heard about slider cases getting dirt and ruining the glass with the iphone4... I know it's the same phone design-wise, so I was wondering, who has had any problems with the slider cases... Would you recommend them??? Thanks!

- Yeah i accidentally posted this in another thread about the defender series,, sorry about that. Accident...

2. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

They do, they'll scratch up your metal band too. Plus a lot of them bubble screen protectors..

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I have used an Incase slider on my iPone 4 since release day and have no scratches on it.

4. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

My first case was actually an Incase Slider and it was actually a great case. The only reason I don't use it currently is because I use a screen protector. I think they make them compatible now but otherwise slider cases are a good go.

5. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I had a screen protector on with the Incase slider and it worked great. My daughter inherited my 4 when the 4S came out last week and I'm toying with picking up another one. I currently have on an Incipio Feather and while I like the smaller footprint, I worry that it won't protect the phone as good if I drop it.

6. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I was using an Incase Pro Slider and I returned it. It developed a hairline crack near where the two pieces meet, and I didn't feel that it was going to protect my phone if I had a bad drop. I have ordered the Speck Candyshell.

I will say though that I used a regular Incase Slider on my 3G iPhone, and it was perfect for that phone (because the phone was largely plastic). I dropped it several times and never had the case break. It looked beaten up after awhile because of the scratches and scuffs, but it did what it was supposed to do while being easy to use and fairly attractive.

7. GeorgeN111 macrumors regular

I would personally never get a slider case again after my recent experience. I brought the CaseCrown Metallic Slider for my new iPhone 4s and it was so tight it took almost 25 minutes to get. Then yesterday when i took it off it took almost an hour. Ridiculously tight, i am just very lucky it did not scratch my iPhone. It could have easily done, all there in on the sides of the case is almost like cheap plastic. There was even some sharp plastic coming off the case in the camera opening. You only get what you pay for when it comes to cases, go for something better otherwise you will be risking the appearance of the phone all together if you get some chunky scratches running down the side.