Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andujar5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
hello I thought I was getting a deal when I bought a Iphone at a really cheap price. Well, to not bore you this is what happens to the iphone:

The bottom slider does not slide, but the turn off slider works?

when I re boot the iphone all the icons on the top work, but the bottoms ones do not.

also now my ATT or my T-mobile sim doesn't work? it reads invalid sim, please use a unlocked sim, and it tells me to activate to itunes.

It did let me download 1.1.1 in itunes, but then it got stuck again, and the bottom slider stills does not work?

So Iphone Guru's PLEASE HELP>>>>>>>>>> email: andujar5@hotmail.com:mad:

Also: the iphone was supose to be unlocked, and I also restored it, and still nothing changes with slider not working

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
There were early reports of portions of the touchscreens failing to recognize touches. Most units were immediately swapped out for news ones at the apple store, but I'm guessing you bought it from a third party who chose not to tell you about its "disfunctionality." If it was ebay you may be able to claim false sale (however that works) but I don't know if there's much else you can do.

andujar5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2007
ok

There were early reports of portions of the touchscreens failing to recognize touches. Most units were immediately swapped out for news ones at the apple store, but I'm guessing you bought it from a third party who chose not to tell you about its "disfunctionality." If it was ebay you may be able to claim false sale (however that works) but I don't know if there's much else you can do.

So can I just buy another screen? and it does not read my sim?

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
You can bring it into an apple store to have it repaired (you can buy a new screen) but I don't know what their policy is with working on unlocked second-hand phones. Should be fine (?).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.