slider type case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jetjaguar, Sep 16, 2010.

1. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i recently got my iphone 4 .. and my favorite combo on my old 3gs was the incase slider and an antiglare screen protector ... got the same setup but the screen protector is lifting ..

what case is very similar to the incase one but allows the use of the screen protector >

2. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

You could try CaseCrown. Their sliders should work with protectors because there's no lip on the case (which can be good or bad depending on your perspective).

http://www.casecrown.com/iphone-4

3. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i like the incase slider so much im tempted to not run a screen protector .. not sure though

4. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I had the black InCase Slider and I liked it a lot but it really bothered me that I couldn't use a screen protector without bubbling like crazy so I returned it. It's all a matter of personal preference

5. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

6. Bisz macrumors regular

I like the Incase Slider and I wanted a screen protector since it destroyed my SGP Oleo so I got the ZAGG undersized one that's designed to work with cases. I'm not a fan of the ZAGG but overall the combo works.

When there are some reviews out for it I might pick up an Agent18 EcoShield and go back to SGP Oleo.

7. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I'm using a leather pouch from Fortte rather than another case. The phone itself has Lucky Labs decals on the sides, SGP Ultra Fine screen protector, and Phantom Skinz matte back. Essentially I went as minimalistic as possible without having the phone completely naked

8. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

9. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

The Seidio Innocases for iPhone 4 are designed slightly loose to allow for screen protectors. I've actually got a SGP matte back protector on mine along with a crystal screen protector, and my Seidio slides on fine with them installed.

10. jetjaguar thread starter macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

11. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

The Innocase Surface. The only slider listed on their site for the iPhone. The other Seidio case, the Active, is a silicone/polycarbonate snap-on hybrid style.

12. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Try Casecrown. They have some cheap but nice sliders. there is 3 types

Metallic Slider - 5 colors, and has the same feel as the white slider - $15
    Polycarbonate Slider - Soft Touch Slider - $20 - comparison of this to the incase - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VDEQN0LSg4
    Meta - Soft Touch slider - $12 - video review here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOc4YmNo7Zs

The prices are before the coupon code. Use code MEM20OFF and get them even cheaper

13. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

The OP is wanting a slider case that doesn't bubble the screen protector. The Casecrown's are good cases (I have the black Slider), but the Meta won't accommodate screen shields. The Sliders (both the polycarbonate and the Metallic) will accommodate screen shields, but it's because they have no lip around the screen (i.e. they sit flush with the screen), giving no "lay on the table" protection. That is their only drawback.

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

15. spikeemike macrumors newbie

looks like a nice alternative. it's sold out though....are there any reviews for it?