Slideshow DVD appears blank

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hulugu, Aug 12, 2008.

1. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

A friend of mine asked me to burn copies of her wedding slideshow DVD for a few far-flung family members, however while the DVD works on my wife's Powerbook (running 10.4) and my friend's iMac (running 10.5.4), for some reason my MacBook Pro shows the DVD as blank on both the desktop and the Finder action request.

Any ideas on how to get the MBP to recognize the disk as having data so I can copy it and burn a few new copies.

2. ewsjr macrumors newbie

I was confronted with this same problem. What I was told to do was to open the original dvd on the computer and drag both the audio and video files to the desktop. remove the original dvd and replace it with a blank one. I was using Toast on this computer and was told to drag the audio and video files into the data section of toast then just hit burn and it worked like a charm. not sure if this procedure will work with any other disc burning program but just wanted to pass on my info. hope this might help.

3. hulugu thread starter macrumors 68000

hulugu

The work-around makes sense and that's what I was planning to do, but I just can't figure out why my machine doesn't recognize the disk. It's one of those goofy bugs that I can't track down.

I'm also going to try to use another DVD drive and see if it's the drive or something odd in the OS.

Thanks.