Slideshow imported from iPhoto into iDVD HD only 4:3 format?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Veritas&Equitas, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Hey everyone, I would GREAT appreciate if anyone can help me on this one, seeing that I'm making this for Father's Day.

So, I made a slideshow of 100 pictures in iPhoto, then exported it to iDVD. However, when I tried to use one of the new 6.0 widescreen themes, the menus work fine, but whenever it plays my slideshow, it only shows up as 4:3 as opposed to 16:9 widescreen (I get the grey bars on the sides). Does anyone know how I can get the slideshow to be in widescreen? Thanks so much!

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Are you using Ken Burns effect in your slideshow? If you are not zooming into the pictures, the slidewshow should have the same aspect ratio as your pictures, which are probably 4:3.

Did you set the properties of your slideshow to be 16:9 in iPhoto? Do you select Share->iDVD? Afterwards, go to your Movies folder and play the slideshow_name.mov file. Does it have the right aspect ratio?

If all of the answer to these questions are yes, then one last question: What is the aspect ratio of your iDVD project?