Slideshow in a Window?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by obafgkm, Aug 3, 2012.

1. obafgkm macrumors member

Is there any program (preferably freeware, but not necessarily) that will take a folder of images and do a slideshow in a window that would work in either 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion? I'd like the slideshow would change images automatically (that is, no need to hit the space bar).

I have found a few that go automatically to a full screen, or (for example, Preview) which only goes to the next image manually, not automatically.

What I have in mind is something like the old JPEGview (which worked under Classic) or its successor JPEGdeux (which was a PowerPC application which stopped working after Snow Leopard).

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Use Quicklook. Open the folder with all your pictures, Select All, then hit the Spacebar. Slideshow controls should be at the bottom of the first picture to show.

3. obafgkm thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the tip about QuickLook. Unfortunately, unless I'm doing something ignorant, the slideshow controls only appear in Full Screen view.

So, the slideshow works, but my working in a separate window requirement is fulfilled :-(.