Slideshow Sharing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cuecin, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Cuecin macrumors newbie

I made a slide show in iPhoto 09 and exported it to iDVD to burn a copy. Why did it lose quality? Is this normal? Is there a way to retain the quality (as seen in iPhoto slideshow from the computer) and still share it?

Thanks.

2. eaglehunter macrumors newbie

same issue

I'm trying to figure out either.
    This is the typical problem of Mac, compatibility.
    I like iPhoto Slide show but i can put only one song.
    In order to put more songs, I have to use iMovie, but I can't import pictures.
    and export the slideshow to iDVD and lose quality.
    I haven't used Quicktime Pro and Final Cut Express, but I'm sure they won't cut it.

3. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Whaaaaaaat??????? If there is one things Macs have over any competing platform it is compatibility. Don't believe me? Go run OS X on a PC. And the iLife platform has showed remarkable integration for years now. It is head and shoulders better than just about any other software package on any platform. Don't agree? Name me a better integrated software package for photos, music, DVD burning, Web publishing, syncing, etc. Apple was at the forefront of what it called "The Digital Lifestyle" and is many steps ahead of EVERYONE in this regard. Could additional features or functionality be added? Sure, but compatibility within its ecosystem is certainly not a problem.

4. eaglehunter macrumors newbie

you don't have my answer then be quiet.
    read my reply again.
    I believe in God, not Mac.

5. Detektiv-Pinky macrumors 6502a

Detektiv-Pinky

I have run into similar problems with the iLife suite. It is 'ok' if you do things like Apple expects you to. However that is not always how I like it myself.

Which version of iMovie are you using? I can import pictures nicely in iMovie HD and it exports quite nicely to iDVD, something that iMovie 08 does not do.