Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
Do you know if on the mac, there are any readily available software for slideshow creation etc
I thought idvd or imovie might have it, but doesnt do it as great and its mostly for movies.unless i dont know what im doing.
If you go to youtube, you see some great videos and slideshows, and wondering what software they use.

But was hoping that with apple, it would be easier.

any suggestions?thanks

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
iphoto, idvd, comes with mac, roxio toast comes with slideshow software, and i think there is a few freeware apps too but ill let you google them, hope this helps

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Do you know if on the mac, there are any readily available software for slideshow creation etc
I thought idvd or imovie might have it, but doesnt do it as great and its mostly for movies.unless i dont know what im doing.
If you go to youtube, you see some great videos and slideshows, and wondering what software they use.

But was hoping that with apple, it would be easier.

any suggestions?thanks

Not sure if this what you meant, but..

Import the photos you want into iPhoto and make an album with the pictures you want in the slideshow. From the album, click "slideshow" at the bottom. A new slideshow will be created from the album that can be viewed in iPhoto or Front Row. Ken burns effect is automatically added, and you can add music from iTunes if you wish.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
Cool
Thanks everyone

I did use a wonderful program called proshow producer on the pc and it was awsome.I emailed the developers to see if would be available for the mac.Heopfully cross my fingers.

I also downloaded pulp motion another slideshow creation software, however, a built in app in mac would be great since it would be seamlessly tied in with other great mac apps already on the osx.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.