Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dscan99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Nashville, TN
I was wondering if there is a way (maybe in Finder? ) to view a slideshow from a bunch of pictures on a CD without importing them into iPhoto. I will be doing some travelling this summer and am looking forward to showing off the Mac quality to friends :D :D I'd like to pop in a CD full of pictures and play a slideshow but don't want to import everything into iPhoto first. I know it was possible in the Windows world from the Windows explorer.....

If there's a free OS X app that will allow me to do this, that's cool too.. My iPhoto is already way too clutterred.. don't want to waste precious disk space by importing my friend's pictures too....

thanks in advance!

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
dscan99 said:
I was wondering if there is a way (maybe in Finder? ) to view a slideshow from a bunch of pictures on a CD without importing them into iPhoto. I will be doing some travelling this summer and am looking forward to showing off the Mac quality to friends :D :D I'd like to pop in a CD full of pictures and play a slideshow but don't want to import everything into iPhoto first. I know it was possible in the Windows world from the Windows explorer.....

If there's a free OS X app that will allow me to do this, that's cool too.. My iPhoto is already way too clutterred.. don't want to waste precious disk space by importing my friend's pictures too....

thanks in advance!

Sure, just drag them into preview and view in full screen mode. Use cursor arrows to move from pic to pic, press escape to exit.

calvin

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2005
Another method

If you actually want a slideshow (rather than key presses), a good program is CocoViewX.

It's free - I can't remember the link I used to download it, but google should have it...

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
Not having yet used Tiger, I can't confirm this, but I know you can give slideshows from pictures in e-mails in Mail now, and the play button on photo bars in Spotlight would indicate this slideshow can also be launched to view Spotlight photo results in a slideshow. I think it would make sense for Apple to also add this function to the action menu for a group of selected photos. I've had similar situations, and hope they've done this at least.

Big Fat Fred

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2004
chameeeleon said:
Not having yet used Tiger, I can't confirm this, but I know you can give slideshows from pictures in e-mails in Mail now, and the play button on photo bars in Spotlight would indicate this slideshow can also be launched to view Spotlight photo results in a slideshow. I think it would make sense for Apple to also add this function to the action menu for a group of selected photos. I've had similar situations, and hope they've done this at least.

yEH, I really need Tiger to do this, even my wife can work out how to find and run slide shows of pictures using Windows XP on the PeeCee...

C'mon Apple, we need this functionality !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.