Slideshows .... Formats .... Big screen ... Help?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Hello.there, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Hello people,

Help?

Okay, I've taken gazillions of photos with my little old Nikon D40. I've made very nice slideshows, music and all, with iMovie and Fotomagico. They look very lovely on my iMac screen.

But! When I try to save them to a format that will look terrific on my nephew's monster huge widescreen TV, to be played through his Playstation, they look .... well ..... rubbish. All blurry and crappy.

Can anyone offer this old fool some advice that would result in my slideshows looking good on that big screen? Warning: I'm clueless, so be nice.

Thank you.

2. xStep macrumors 68000

You need some information and you need to give us some information.

What version of iMovie are you using? Is your iMovie project set to standard definition or widescreen HD? What size images were you importing into it? What file container (.mov, .mp4, etc) are you using on export? What codec (H.264 for instance) are you using? What size are you exporting to? You say it looks good on the Mac, but is that the iMovie project playback or the exported file and is it playing full size? Open QuickTime Player 7 and use Command-I to see the specs you have used on the exported file. The image size and video data rate will have the most impact on playback quality.

What formats does the Playstation play?

Hell, a Google search using these words, best export setting from imovie for playstation 3, found me this Apple discussion. To see how to get the that export option, see my iMovie Export guide.

3. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

What format are you saving them to? What frame size, bitrate, media etc