Slight bleed on Ipad worth replacing?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mtenuta, Nov 8, 2011.

1. mtenuta macrumors member

I just got an Ipad and notice a slight bleed on the side of the screen . It is very dim and only noticeable when the screen is black and there is low light. Is this worth the trouble of getting a replacement? Can the bleed get worse? Also will I be able to replace later on if I wanted to do so ?

Thanks

Mario

2. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

If you just bought it, I would definitely exchange it for a new one. When you buy something, you expect it to be perfect when you get it.

3. xiMatt macrumors newbie

xiMatt

I definitely agree with TexasChemE. If you buy something, you would, of course, expect it to be brand new and ready for you.

4. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

If you want to exchange it, I'd do so soon rather than waiting. I can't recall ever having seen backlight bleed increase over time. I have seen panels age unevenly in general but not specifically in the ipad. The quality control on these things is in no way perfect, and to Apple and LG it's probably within spec. It's just a reality of mass production.

5. dhcl604 macrumors member

Bring it to a store and see if they will exchange it for a new one. I bought one back in April and had the bleed problem. Since I ordered it through the website, Apple sent me a replacement along with a shipping label to return mine, which was engraved. If I wanted it engraved again, it would have to be shipped from China. The new one worked fine but what was a little disappointing was that it was a refurbished iPad 2 which was previously owned. I found that out when I purchased applecare and found that it was already registered with someone else. That's why I say bring it to the store for the replacement. Maybe they'll give you a new one. I couldn't do that at the time I bought mine because there weren't any in the stores yet.

6. Jottle macrumors 6502

Just to throw in a contrary perspective here. These light leak issues are endemic to lcd screens in general. mbps, imacs, pretty much anything with an lcd screen exhibits greater or less light leakage. Some are lucky and have almost imperceptible amounts of light leak. However, you have to consider that if you exchange your ipad, there is a chance that you'll experience worse bleeding and potentially dead pixels. It's the panel lottery. I exchanged 3 mbps in 2009, and all of them had some degree of light leakage on their lcd panels. It's the unfortunate nature of the technology. Now people will probably post after me that they have perfect no light leaking ipads and that you should exchange until you're satisfied. But it all comes down to how much are you willing to live with? There are crazy people on here who have exchanged 9+ ipads and still don't have one that they find to be satisfactory.

7. axelf1 macrumors newbie

How do I put work from laptop on to ipad2 ?????

Well I have a lot of work projects saved on my laptop and was wanting to know if there is a programme out there that I could transfer it over to my iPad???? The iPad is on latest firmware 5.0.1 and is not jail broken... The work that is saved on my laptop has been done in Microsoft word.....A ny help would be grate....

Thanks.....

Sorry don't know how this ended up here... Can mods please move to the correct place...... Thanks