Slight bulge on bottom panel of rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bitfidelity, Jul 29, 2012.

1. bitfidelity macrumors member

On the front portion of my bottom panel, directly in front of the left screw (what is being worked on in the photo below), it looks like the panel ran out of room and doesn't rest flush with the rest of the body. It kind of looks like a small bulge.

[​IMG]

I'll try to get a photo later, but is this a widespread problem? I thought I read something about this in the creaking rMBP threads.

2. mat25 macrumors regular

mat25

3. bitfidelity thread starter macrumors member

After a month of usage? I thought it would take well over a year for something like that to happen.

4. mat25 macrumors regular

mat25

Its probably unlikely but something to consider.

5. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Take it to an Apple store, it probably just needs to be taken off and re-aligned.

6. dailybibliotaph macrumors member

It's a known problem: some rMBP's bottom case was not manufactured to spec and cause a gap to occur - no amount to realignment with the torque screws will fix it. Take it to Apple Store and they will do a replace. The other known problem is some screws will not torque down flush, causing it to protrude slightly - again the unit must be replaced.

I happen to be one of the 1st to report this problem with my rMBP. My replacement is flawless.

7. bitfidelity thread starter macrumors member

When you say replace, you don't mean the entire laptop, do you? I figure I can just ask for another bottom panel; it seems like something I can easily perform myself after getting the correct torque screwdriver.