Slight bump/ridge on new glass trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jazzydrummer7, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jazzydrummer7 macrumors newbie

Hey...I've searched the forums and not found any posts relating to this.

I just bought a new unibody macbook pro a week and a half ago, and this last week I've noticed that there's a slight bump or ridge in the trackpad that extends across in almost a semi-circle. It's not noticeable to the eye at all, only if you run your finger across the surface. My wife doesn't think it's an issue, but it's annoying to me...you can definitely feel it when doing anything on the trackpad. And after spending $2000 I would not except something like this. It almost feels as if something is pushing against from the other side.

Has anyone else had this issue? Should I take it back to the store I got it (Future Shop...Best Buy's Canadian franchise) or send it in to Apple? Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. keewee macrumors newbie

Bestbuy IS NOT Futureshop
    We have both here in Quebec.

Just Call Applecare imo.

3. jazzydrummer7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, sorry you're right...I was just typing quickly. We have both here too...
    Although Future Shop is owned by Best Buy...I guess that's what I meant to say.

4. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

5. ultraknilch macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with my new macbook... and returned it! I could actually see some imperfections in the glass, when looking from a special angle. The surface of the glass trackpad is treated with some kind of acid to make it "rough"... somehow this procedure hadn't been applied to the whole surface of the trackpad. hope that makes sense... my english is not that good :eek:

6. jazzydrummer7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved....I returned it and got a new one. They were able to do a hard drive swap from old to new and I was in and out in a matter of minutes. New MBP is perfect...no imperfections in the trackpad. I gotta say, this was one of the few really good experiences I've had with Future Shop. Can't complain...it's all good now!

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm gonna + 1 or whatever number we're on. Seriously folks, is this something that truly exists as an issue? I think not.

8. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Considering that glass is a supercooled liquid, you could have just waited 70 or so years and it would have smoothed out by itself.

Some people. :rolleyes:
    ;)