Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rsxmachine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2007
Just listened to a friends 4s in the same environment, has same issue. This is BAD. The issue is most people can't hear it.

Brad02

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2011
Same issue here. I just noticed it on my 16gb black 4s. I haven't noticed it until today at work. I made several test calls from my desk phone and they all buzzed. My wife's phone call earlier in the day is what made me notice it.

khobbie

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2012
Same Problem (Edited)

I have same problem too but only happens once in a while.So I'm not replacing my iPhone.

Last edited:

upthetoffees

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
This is really annoying, had mine for 6 months now and it's a horrible high pitched buzzing noise every time I call since I had it, makes me want to end the call every time. It's a great phone for everything other than why it exists in the first place, telephone calls.

Now you may be wondering why I still have it after 6 months in that state. I live in Belgium and bought it from my ISP and they have third party to deliver the Iphones and I called them and they said they would have to send it away for minimum one month!! This I find outrageous. So will have to buy the 5 and then I can send it for repairs. Not good Apple.

Don't suppose there is a simple fix for this?

This is the noise - just found a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf0r1QRW8q4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.