Slight confusion about Education Pricing.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FenixStryker, Jul 26, 2014.

1. FenixStryker macrumors newbie

I'm not quite getting where the price reduction is with this educational pricing..? The only reason I'm looking into this is because the prices seem cheaper then what I've seen on Ebay.

Can anyone explain to me how this works? -.-

2. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

All MBAs are $50 off, All 13" rMBPs are $100 off, the 15" rMBP is either $100-$200 depending on the model. The upgrades are typically 10% discount. It does not explicitly show the savings on the education store, but you can compare to the regular store if you want to know for sure. Here is a link to the education store US.

http://store.apple.com/us-hed/mac

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Online, you enter the EDU store at apple.com, order your Mac after inputting your school.

Brick and Mortar apple store - show your ID and/or say your a student. Sometimes they check sometimes they don't. You get the discount.

I'd also check if your local state offers a tax free weekend, typically a number of states off a weekend in August.

4. FenixStryker thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm heading to the store on August 5th with my mom so I'll hopefully have my new student ID by then (I'm a new transfer student). Should I make an appointment at the genius bar? I feel like it would make things easier.

5. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

They are extremely laid back about education pricing. If you are just planning on purchasing a machine, you can walk in, ask for education pricing, and purchase your computer. They may not ask for verification, but if they do, just bring your ID.