Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Unlike many others, I actually like the animations in iOS 7. However, I hate the slight delay after the animations complete, where the screen does seem to respond to touch. For example, the "fly in" effect after you unlock your phone. The apps "fly in" and settle into place, but if you go to swipe to the next page right away you'll find that you can't - you have to wait a second or so after the animation has finished.

1 second doesn't sound like a lot, but it's annoying. Anyone else? Is this by design, or is it because the A6 isn't fast enough (is the delay gone on the 5s?)

valypan

macrumors regular
May 21, 2002
Denmark
I was wondering about this today. I have the same delay on my iphone 4S. Thought it was because it was not powerful enough, but I am surprised to hear that it also shows on the iPhone 5. Maybe it´s by design then, cuz I don´t think they would ship an iOS that does not perform perfectly on their new iPhone 5C

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
I was wondering about this today. I have the same delay on my iphone 4S. Thought it was because it was not powerful enough, but I am surprised to hear that it also shows on the iPhone 5. Maybe it´s by design then, cuz I don´t think they would ship an iOS that does not perform perfectly on their new iPhone 5C

Yeah, still present on the 5 unfortunately, even with a clean install. It's such a short delay that it's probably only noticeable to people who swipe around really quickly in iOS, but it's rather annoying and makes the OS feel clunky.

valypan

macrumors regular
May 21, 2002
Denmark
Yeah, still present on the 5 unfortunately, even with a clean install. It's such a short delay that it's probably only noticeable to people who swipe around really quickly in iOS, but it's rather annoying and makes the OS feel clunky.

I have the exact one second or so delay that you speak of, and I am on an iPhone 4S, so yeah I don´t think it´s tied to performance. Perhaps designed that way, we are meant to stop and marvel at the icons sweeping into place before we swipe *LOL*

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
It's present on the 5s as well. There have been professional reviews that posted videos showing that the animations on the 5 and 5s are pretty much the same exact speed. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.