Slight issue trying to jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by alphatectz, Mar 8, 2010.

1. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

So I went back to the iPhone (3gs) and I I tried jailbreakig it by using pw age tool on mac and sn0w breeze on win 7 on my mbp using vmware. I always get stuck on dfu with sb and with pwnage tool it won't go into dfu. Yes I checked the serial # on the iPhone. It's not a mc model so I should be able to jail break. I won't go to blackra1n. (I don't like that every time I reboot or shut off my phone o lose my jb and have to make it rain again). So what can I do? Is there a way to stop my iPhone from resetting the spring board while using blackra1n? Or shall I try another method of jailbreaking. Btw I'm running 3.1.3 and I'm not sure what to do.

2. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

AFAIK you can't JB a 3Gs with 3.1.3. You are stuck. If it's a 3g oi can downgrade not a 3Gs.

3. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

Not really. The new pwnage tool can jb 3.1.3 also sn0w breeze. I just get stuck

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

no it cant. Both of these allow you install and upgrade to a hacked FW. You cannot JB from stock 3.1.3 on a 3Gs

FYI - the MC in a serial doesn't necessarily mean a tethered JB, and blackra1n doesn't create a tethered JB, its all dependant on which bootrom your 3Gs has.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You got some wrong information there.
    Check your sources again.
    Pwnage tool can update a JB 3.1.2 3GS with early bootloader to 3.1.3
    Not JB a 3.1.3 3GS
    Nothing can at the moment.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Very well said.
    The thread starter got alot of confusion and wrong information.
    Blackrain doesnt creat a tethered JB, new 3GS models with the latest bootloader can only be JB thru a tethered JB wether thats using blackrain or Redsnow. It cannot be avoided at the moment.

7. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

Honestly I just got back onto an iPhone. I had 3.1.2 loaded on the 3gs. But oh well I I'm stuck with a tether jailbreak then I'll deal with it.

8. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

i hope you can downgrade to 3.1.2