Slight lift on palm rest of macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tamakat, Feb 8, 2009.

1. tamakat macrumors newbie

I just bought a white macbook last week, and I have heard that some of them tend to curl or lift at the palm rests. I noticed that it already has slight lifts on the left and right side. Is this going to get worse? Is it worth taking to the apple store to get it checked out and would they replace it for free?

[​IMG]

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

That would be too much trouble - try this, it should do the trick.

3. tamakat thread starter macrumors newbie

Fortunately, there is an apple store close to me and I am willing to talk to one of the apple geniuses. If I'm going to spend a lot of money on a notebook that I would like to keep in good condition for a long time, I just want to make sure this doesn't get any worse.

4. youthsport macrumors newbie

i would go to the apple store and just look at the ones they have on the floor and see if they exhibit the same issue. If they do not have the same problem i would then go ahead and inform a genius there and see if they'd replace it especially if it is less than 14 days old.

5. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
    I had exactly the same issue with mine last year as posted here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=638078

As you can see, they did replace it without any problem; however, my friend has exactly the same issue and it hasn't got any worse than your picture in over a year so if it doesn't bother you, you probably don't need to worry!

6. tamakat thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, if I become more paranoid about it, I'll take it in...thanks!