Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beau21

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
so i've noticed recently that whenever i play music there is a slight "lisp". it's really noticeable on s's...

does anyone have any ideas what it may be? or better yet how to fix it?

DMC-12

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
Nashville, TN
Out of two Santa Rosa MacBooks, a SR MacBook Pro, and two Penryn Pros, each has had "hiss" from the headphone jack along with "R2-D2" beeping throughout audio playback, especially at the beginning and end of audio files. This is a fairly well-documented problem here on the forums. My current 2.2GHz BlackBook has been the best with this issue, where the hissing is very consistent (the volume of the hiss doesn't change) and the beeping only happens once in a while, although it is very noticeable when it does happen.

I use high-end headphones, and I think that cheap headphones don't even register the hiss. Apple's hardware quality is poor at this point. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
so i've noticed recently that whenever i play music there is a slight "lisp". it's really noticeable on s's...

does anyone have any ideas what it may be? or better yet how to fix it?

You didn't mention what type of music files you are playing. If they are random 128k MP3s from the internet (or worse), that is normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.